We recently sent for publication the first draft genome for Cataglyphis niger, which was done by Tal using high-coverage (>100X) Illumina sequencing of a single haploid male. This draft genome was rather complete (>90% BUSCO) but quite fragmented (N50=18Kb). This is because we had only short-insert paired-end libraries. The service provider failed to deliver the long-insert mate-pair libraries we ordered. We also tried 10X sequencing, but the assembly was not much better then Tal's assembly (even they can't explain why!).
So now we did Pacbio sequencing through the GAGA consortium. We got mediocre results: 7Kb average read length, 2 million reads (50X coverage). We're now working on the assembly, but preliminary results indicate that these new data will allow a dramatic improvement in N50 size - from 18Kb to >300Kb. Stay tuned!